We are sure you want your Rise & Recline Chair to stay in great working order for many, many years. But do you know how to take good care of it?
We do recommend that a qualified engineer services your riser recliner chair on a annual basis. However we have also created a useful guide for you to follow in order to check and prevent any damage to your chair yourself.
Mechanical Care For Your Chair
Did you know failure to use your rise and recline chair for its intended purpose can damage the mechanism and be expensive to fix? Below are some points to follow to prevent mechanical damage to your chair:
- Do not lean on or use excessive downward pressure to the chairs back when it is fully reclined and do not use the footrest as an alternative seat.
- Ensure that the remote control is out of the way before sitting on the chair.
- Regularly check the power cables and remote control for any signs of damage before use.
Safety Precautions You Should Follow
Did you know that correct/safe operation of your rise and recline chair not only prevents injury but can also add to the longevity of the chair? Below are some of the safety precautions:
- Ensure the power lead is plugged directly into the main electricity socket and not into an extension lead.
- Ensure the electronics are away from any moisture or liquids.
- Before getting into the riser recliner chair make sure it is level and that no objects are under the chair before use.
- Leave the chair in an upright position when it is not in use and if not using for a while remove the key so that the device cannot be accidently operated.
Caring For Your Chairs
Did you know that keeping your rise and recline chairs clean could actually add to the comfort of your chair? Below are some tips on keeping your lovely chair clean:
- Clean the fabric regularly to keep the chair looking better for longer and inspect for any rips or tears.
- If your rise and recline chair is equipped with a battery back-up system (for when power is not available) we recommend you check and change the batteries.
Here at More Than Mobility we have a wide range of. Our electric rise and recliner chairs are ideal purchases for people who suffer from mobility issues, as they allow the user to get in and out of their chairs with ease. We have a wide range of types (single or dual motor) and styles from fabric recliner chairs to contemporary recliner chairs made from stylish leather. Like our Pride LC101 Rise & Recline Chair that comes in a range of fabric options and our popular Lars LEATHER Restwell Rise & Recline Chair.
All of the recliner chairs that we supply here at More Than Mobility are available with free delivery via courier to across the UK. When you have found an electric recliner chair that you would like, simply place your order online, or give us a call on 0800 046 3949.